Monday, November 30, 2009

camping season!


I've finished my studies, summer is here, think its time to pack my bags and get out of the urban jungle, and into the real world! First stop The Catlins.

After packing away my site exhibition and clearing out my room I packed some warm clothes, my surfboard and took off with about 10 others.

Conditions weren't looking amazing for camping but the surf was pumping so it was fair to say I was frothing!

We found a secluded little spot away from the wind, saw seals and a family of yellow eyed penguins, the swell was pounding the cliffs with unstoppable force.

View of the surf from a cave that had been carved out by waves.

Alex scaling the rock face showing us to a cave.



John on top of the world

It was awesome to wake up to the sound of birds, sheep and the ocean instead of the sounds you hear in cities, good to get back to nature for a weekend and I will be returning very soon!

No comments: